Orthana Kemisk Fabrik
In 1987 BIOFAC A/S took over Orthana Kemisk Fabrik, which was founded in 1934 by the Mørch family
In 1987 BIOFAC A/S took over Orthana Kemisk Fabrik, which was founded in 1934 by the Mørch family. Originally Orthana produced a wide range of animal extracts, but through the 50’s and 60’s the focus turned more and more towards specialising the production, concentrating on 3 major areas, Pepsin, Peptones and Mucins.
During the 80’s and 90’s innovative measures brought purified versions of mucin resulting in the artificial saliva formulation, Saliva Orthana®, specially designed peptones and high activity pepsin. These products are now the foundation of the Orthana product line. Today the Orthana premises also house the headquarters and administration of the BIOFAC A/S Group of companies.
- Orthana Kemisk Fabrik holds a GMP certificate by Danish Health and Medicines Authorities
- Orthana Kemisk Fabrik holds a Food Approval Certificate by The Danish Food and Veterinary Administration
- Orthana Kemisk Fabrik holds a manufacturing licence for derived products from category 3 materials in accordance with article 18 of the Bio-product statutory
- Orthana Kemisk Fabrik holds a Halal-certificate by Islamic Cultural Center in Copenhagen (ICC). ICC is a qualified Halal-certification body, which is recognized by MUIS in Singapore and LPPOM MUI in Indonesia
- Danish Environmental Protection Agency (Danish EPA) has made a categorization of BIOFAC A/S group as to an instruction No. 6 of 2004 on Differential Environmental Review and assessed that the company is placed in Category 1 (the best category) because of the high level of systematism and high level of regulatory compliance
- Danish Working Environment Authority has given BIOFAC A/S group a Green Smiley, indicating that the company has no issues with the Working Environment Authority, providing a high level of health and safety.